As we search on the best careers in the military, we found that the Marines uses remotely piloted unmanned vehicles(UVs) for a variety of purposes, such as deep sea exploration, intelligence gathering, remote surveillance, and target applications. These vehicles are used in the air, on land, and at sea in operations or missions that could be dangerous for human operators onboard the vehicle. The military requires skilled operators and technicians to maintain and control these vehicles. Personnel normally specialize by the type of vehicle they operate, such as unmanned aerial vehicles, ground vehicles, surface vehicles, and undersea vehicles.
There are few military careers that are growing at the speed of an unmanned vehicle specialist. These careers in the military are safer than risking the lives of pilots and vehicle drivers who are in harms way in the battlefield. Its no surprise that many Marine unmanned vehicle specialists were brought up during a time when ‘gaming’ was most popular.
There are few careers in the military that offers the excitement of remotely piloted unmanned vehicles. This military career path is offered to those who qualify for the US Marines. This military career path is destined to become more demanding everyday. The future in unmanned vehicles is now.
Not like other careers in the military, unmanned vehicle operations specialists in the Marines perform some or all of the following duties:
* Prepare and install equipment on or within the unmanned vehicle
* Operate, navigate, launch, track, and recover unmanned vehicles
* Operate equipment in remote receiving stations and ground control stations
* Coordinate with other personnel to complete the designated mission
* Inspect and maintain components in unmanned vehicles
This military career attributes include:
* Enjoy working with tools
* Knowledge of Marine electronic theory and schematic drawing
* Superior adaptability to three dimensional spatial relationships
Military career training varies depending on the position. Course content typically includes:
* Unmanned Marine vehicle concepts and capabilities
* Operation of unmanned Marine vehicles
* Basic preventative maintenance
The Marines unmanned vehicle operations specialists work under a variety of conditions depending upon the type of vehicle and mission. Some US Marine specialists work in control stations or receiving stations on land, while others work aboard ships.