This Policy applies to customer information Military.net collects through our website.
Military.net is committed to protecting the privacy of visitors to our website. This Policy will let you know how Military.net handles how we collect, use, disclose, transfer and store your information collected on this website. Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with our privacy practices and let us know if you have any questions.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
Information We Collect:
We collect your information from the following sources:
- Information you give us, such as during registration on the website, website interactions, such as rating products or joining a forum, requesting a quote, customer service operations, surveys, download of a software update, and other website transactions;
- Information available from third parties, including public databases, social medial platforms, or third party partners; and
- Information automatically collected when you visit or use our websites, such as via cookies and device information.
Personal information is information that identifies you or is reasonably linked to you. The personal information we collect may include contact and payment information like your name, email and physical addresses, phone numbers, communication preferences, and other registration information. If you place an order on this site, Military.net may collect payment information that, in some cases, may constitute Personal Information. When you place an order or request services on behalf of a third-party, we may collect information you provide us such as the name, address, and phone number of the third-party.
When we pick up or deliver a shipment, Military.net may obtain shipping information. Such shipping information includes the sender’s and recipient’s name, physical address, email address, and telephone number. Shipping information also includes any other information which may be provided which is necessary to us to enable Military.net to access locations that they provide services or information necessary to verify the contents of certain shipments.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal information
If we do combine non-personal information with personal information the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
Information from Other Sources
We may receive personal information about you from other sources as well. Examples of these sources are entities that can help us correct or supplement our records, improve the quality or personalization of our service to you, and help prevent or detect fraud. In addition, we may collect information from consumer reporting agencies or other service providers if you obtain certain financial products.
Automated Information Collection
We may receive and store certain types of information when you interact with our websites, emails, and online advertising. Our purpose is to allow the websites to work correctly, to evaluate use of the website, and to support website analytics and marketing campaigns. Some examples include:
- We may collect technical information such as your internet protocol address, your device operating system and browser type, the address of a referring website, if any, and the path you take through our websites.
- We use “cookies” to recognize you as you use or return to our sites. This is done so that we can provide a continuous and more personalized shopping experience for you. A cookie is a small text file that a website or email may save to your browser and store on your hard drive.
- We may also use web beacons. Beacons allow us to know if a certain page was visited, an email was opened, or if ad banners on our website and other sites were effective.
How We Use and/or Disclose Your Information:
- net does not sell or rent your personal information.
- net and its affiliates may use your personal information to provide products and services and support core business functions. These uses include order or service fulfillment, internal business processes, marketing, authentication, loss and fraud prevention, public safety and legal functions.
- net may use the information collected to personalize your interaction with the website, conduct surveys or promotions, respond to any email or request from you, or provide you with information that we believe may be useful to you, such as latest product announcements, important notices, software updates and upcoming events.
- net may use personal information to help us develop, deliver and improve our products, services, content and advertising.
- net may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis and research to improve Military.net’s products, services, and customer communications.
- We may combine all the information we collect. We may disclose your information within our corporate family of companies.
- If you enter into a sweepstake, contest or similar promotion we may use the information you provide to administer those programs.
Disclosure to Third Parties
At times, Military.net may make certain personal information and/or shipping information available to our strategic partners or affiliates that work with Military.net to provide products and services, or that help Military.net market to customers. Personal information and/or shipping information will only be shared by Military.net to provide or improve our products, services and advertising; it will not be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes or any other use.
The third parties with whom Military.net may share personal information include companies who provide services such as information processing, fulfilling customer orders, delivering products to you, managing and enhancing customer data, providing customer service, assessing your interest in our products and services and conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys. We require our service providers to keep your information secure. In addition, our service providers may not use or disclose personal information for any purpose other than providing the services on our behalf.
The third parties may be located in the United States or anywhere else where Military.net may transact business.
Legal Requirements and Protection of Our Company and Others
Cookies and Other Technologies
Pixel tags enable us to send email messages in a format our customers can read, and they tell us whether the email has been opened. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate the number or type of messages sent to our customers. Web beacons are small graphic images or other web programming code inserted into a web page or email that count visitors to the Website, monitor how users navigate the Website, count how many emails that were sent are actually opened or count how many particular articles or links were actually viewed. Certain mobile service providers uniquely identify mobile devices and we or our third party service providers may receive such device information if you access the Website through mobile devises. Certain features of our Website may require collection of mobile phone numbers, and we may associate that phone number to mobile device identification information. An embedded script is programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the Website, such as the links you click on. The code is temporarily downloaded onto your Computer from our web server or a third-party service provider, is active only while you are connected to the Website and is deactivated or deleted thereafter.
As is true of most websites, we gather some information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes IP addresses, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP), referring and exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp and clickstream data. We use this information to understand and analyze trends, to administer the site, to learn about user behavior on the site, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. Military.net may use this information in our marketing and advertising services.
In some of our email messages, we use a “click-through URL” linked to content on our Website. When customers click one of these URLs, they pass through a separate web server before arriving at the destination page on our Website. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. If you prefer not to be tracked in this way, you should not click text or graphic links in the email messages.
On occasion, Military.net may send our customers and website visitors electronic communications, including but not limited to newsletters, bulletins, status updates, account verifications, or other communications such as marketing information. Military.net may also send information via email regarding website updates, shipping information, or other general topics. You will be offered an opportunity to consent and/or opt-out of such communications where applicable. Certain communications, such as those related to website updates or account verifications may not be subject to an opt-out.
Protection of Personal Information
Military.net takes extensive precautions, including administrative, technical, and physical measures, to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft, and misuse, as well as against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
Military.net’s online services use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption on all web pages where personal information is collected. To make purchases from these services, you must use an SSL-enabled browser such as Internet Explorer, Safari or Firefox. Doing so protects the confidentiality of your personal information while it is transmitted over the Internet.
When you use some of Military.net’s products, services or applications or post on an Military.net forum, chat room, or social networking service, if any, the personal Information you share is visible to other users and can be read, collected, or used by them. You are responsible for the personal information you choose to submit in these instances. For example, if you list your name and email address in a forum posting, that Information is public. Please take care when using these features.
Retention of Personal Information
Access to Personal Information
You can help ensure that your contact information and preferences are accurate, complete and up to date by logging in to your account at www.Military.net. For other personal information, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access so you can request that we correct the data if it is inaccurate or delete the data if Military.net is not required to retain it by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical or for which access is not otherwise required by local law. Access, correction, or deletion requests can be made to [email protected].
Should you need to contact Military.net for any reason, including those regarding this Policy or any privacy concert, please contact us at: [email protected]
If you believe that Military.net or anyone affiliated with Military.net has misused any of your information, please contact us immediately to report such action.
Information from Minors
Military.net’s website is not designed for use by children. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of thirteen (13). If we learn that we have collected the personal information of a child under the age of thirteen (13), we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible. A parent or guardian of a child under the age of thirteen (13) may review and request deletion of such child’s personally identifiable information as well as prohibit the use thereof. If you have reason to believe Military.net has personal information from an individual under the age of thirteen (13), please contact us.
Keeping Your Information Secure
We have implemented security measures we consider reasonable and appropriate to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. Please be advised, however, that while we strive to protect your personal information and privacy, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us online and are not responsible for the theft, destruction or inadvertent disclosure of your personal information. In the unfortunate event that your “personally identifiable information” (as the term or similar terms are defined by any applicable law requiring notice upon a security breach) is compromised, we may notify you by email, at our sole and absolute discretion, to the last email address that you have provided us in the most expedient time reasonable under the circumstances; provided, however, that delays in notification may occur while we take necessary measures to determine the scope of the breach and restore reasonable integrity to the system as well as for the legitimate needs of law enforcement if notification would impede a criminal investigation. From time to time we evaluate new technology for protecting information, and when appropriate, we upgrade our information security systems.
Third-Party Sites and Services
Military.net’s websites, products, applications and services may contain links to third party websites, products, and services. Our products and services may also use or offer products or services from third parties. Information collected by third parties, which may include such things as location data or contact details, is governed by their privacy practices and we are not responsible for the privacy practices employed by any third-party websites. We encourage you to note when you leave our Website and to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties before submitting any personal information to such third parties.Copyright
Military.net either owns the text, photos and graphics on this website, including related copyrights, or has permission to use them. You have our permission to personally use or to copy any portion of this website, but not for profit or other commercial reasons. Any use or copying, other than for your personal use, is strictly prohibited under federal copyright law and may be subject to civil and criminal sanctions.
Notice for Users in California
- Identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, internet protocol address, email address, account name, social security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers (e.g., if you register an account with us).
- Personal information described in Cal. Civ. Code Section 1798.80(e) (California Customer Records statute). This means any information that identifies, relates to, describes, or is capable of being associated with a particular individual, including, the “identifiers” listed in the preceding bullet point A, and the following: physical characteristics or description in the form of photographs or images if you visit our premises or if needed to facilitate access to other facilities, state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information.
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, such as race, color, religion, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical conditions, military or veteran status, national original, and more.
- Commercial information, including (1) records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered from Military.net, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies, (2) information provided to us regarding the content of certain shipments, but only to the extent an identifiable person can be linked to such content, (3) information on actions taken on Military.net websites or mobile apps, which may include information about Military.net services considered, and (4) information about consumer preferences and behavior that we collect on our websites and mobile apps or purchase from third parties in order to target consumers for digital advertisements or to personalize content we deliver on our websites and mobile apps.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with Military.net or its affiliates’ websites, applications, or advertisements.
- Geolocation data (e.g., when you opt-in to location tracking services which Military.net makes available to you).
- Audio information from calls placed with customer service and accounting centers which may be recorded, and electronic information in the form of Internet or other electronic network activity information as described above. Military.net may also collect other visual information in the form of video of our premises or photographic or video evidence collected as part of accident investigations.
- Professional or employment-related information in the form of business contact information such as name, company name, physical address and email address and telephone or fax number.
- Education information, defined as information that is not publicly available personally identifiable information as defined in the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99).
- Inferences drawn from (1) the information we collect when you visit our websites, use our apps, or interact with Military.net-related tools, widgets or plug-ins or our official social media pages or Military.net-related social media apps, tools, widgets and plug-ins, (2) information we collect, including through affiliates and third-party suppliers, regarding content and other data posted on the Internet (such as public locations on the Internet), and (3) information about consumer preferences and behavior that we collect on our websites and mobile apps or purchase from third party affiliates in order to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
For More Information
644 Holly Springs Rd., Suite 427, Holly Springs, NC, United States.
Last Updated: May 1, 2023.